The Investment Corporation recognizes the importance of personal information. To ensure careful handling, the Investment Corporation follows the policy below and acts responsibly to protect personal information.
1. Policy on handling personal information
The Investment Corporation considers the appropriate protection and use of personal information to be part of its social responsibility. The Investment Corporation will operate in compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
2.Proper procedures for obtaining personal information
When the Investment Corporation obtains personal information, it will obtain the information by fair and legitimate means to the extent necessary to accomplish purposes of use that are clearly stated.
3.Purposes of use
The Investment Corporation will use personal information only within the scope of the purposes that are described in the “Purposes of Use of Personal Information.” The Investment Corporation will not use personal information beyond this scope unless otherwise provided for in laws and regulations.
4.Restriction on providing personal information to third parties
The Investment Corporation will not provide personal data to any third party without the consent of the person himself/herself, unless otherwise provided for in laws and regulations.
5.Disclosure, corrections, additions, deletions, suspension of use, and removal pertaining to retained personal data based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information
If a person himself/herself requests, with respect to his/her personal data that is retained by the Investment Corporation disclosure, corrections, additions and deletions, suspension of use, or removal, the Asset Management Company, the General Administration and the Asset Custodian (“Service Providers”), the Investment Corporation will respond to the request promptly, within the scope reasonable and necessary, with identity verification. The Investment Corporation and Service Providers will receive the prescribed fees for procedures including the disclosure of information.
To keep personal data accurate and up to date, the Investment Corporation and Service Providers will strictly manage information and will take precautions and safety measures against any unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, or leaks. If the Investment Corporation outsources the handling and management of personal information to a third party, the Investment Corporation will oversee the third party to ensure strict management of the personal data.
7.Constant reexamination of system for protection of personal information
With respect to regulations of the Investment Corporation and Service Providers related to the handling of personal information, the Investment Corporation will constantly reexamine and revise them to ensure that operations remain effective and reasonable.
The website of the Investment Corporation includes links to external websites. However, the Investment Corporation cannot assume responsibility for the protection of personal information on external websites.
【Purposes of Use of Personal Information】
The Investment Corporation will use personal information it has obtained for the following purposes:
- To manage information on the Investment Corporation's unitholders, analyze their attributes, and disclose their data (the Investment Corporation will not disclose any information that permits personal identification, except for the top ten unitholders, which are posted on this website)
- To perform tasks related to the unitholders’ exercise of their rights and the Investment Corporation’s fulfillment of its obligations to unitholders.
- To perform tasks related to research and analysis that are necessary for the Investment Corporation to consider the acquisition and sale of assets, trust beneficiary interests related to real estate as trust property (hereinafter “real estate trust beneficiary interests,” and real estate as trust property is “real estate in trust”)., and other assets.
- To perform tasks related to research (including, but not limited to, identity verification and credit research) that are necessary for considering the leasing of real estate, real estate in trust, and other assets owned by the Investment Corporation, and the implementation of relevant lease agreements (including communications, inquiries, and registration)
- To perform tasks related to the management of the real estate and real estate in trust owned by the Investment Corporation
- To perform tasks related to identifying and responding to those who make inquiries or visits to the Investment Corporation or Service Providers and those who request materials from the Investment Corporation or Service Providers, as well as preparing records detailing the response.
- To perform other tasks related to the financial instruments business concerning real estate, securities and other financial assets.
- To perform operations related to the steps taken to facilitate relations with unitholders and potential unitholders (including providing information)
- To verify the identities of the counterparties of transactions according to the Act on Prevention of Transfer of Criminal Proceeds
- To use personal information for market analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, or research and analysis for product development in association with the items above
- To fulfill obligations, exercise rights, and perform tasks incidental to these tasks
- To provide personal information to third parties to the extent necessary for the appropriate execution of operations
【Inquiries about the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of personal information】
Inquiries about personal information
Please inquire with TLC REIT Management Inc. (tel.+81-3-5770-5710), which is the Asset Management Company of the Investment Company, indicating that the inquiry concerns personal information.
Daily 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., except for Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, and year-end and New Year holidays